Assistant accountant (Temporary)
This Assistant accountant (Temporary) vacancy is based in central London, working for a media company.
They are looking for someone to join their team following a recent expansion. If the candidate is successful there will be a permanent opportunity on offer after their assignment.
This Assistant accountant (Temporary) vacancy is for a media company based in central London. They are looking for Christmas temporary cover for 4 months.
The key responsibilities for this Assistant accountant (Temporary) role are:
- Providing monthly directorate variance commentary
- Management accounts reporting of actual costs against budget and prior year expenditure.
- Month-end calculation and posting of accruals, prepayments and deferred income.
- Month-end reconciliations of balance sheet, Regional inter-company accounts, bank accounts and HO's headcount memo accounts.
- Calculating and posting Capital Expenditure recharges.
- Assisting with five years forward planning budget, statutory accounts and year-end audit.
- Partner with internal teams and external stakeholders to support the corporate cash management and liquidity activities, including bank reconciliations.
- Prepare and review various daily, weekly and monthly reports to support senior management, the Board of Directors and the external auditors in completing their roles, maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
- Respond to transaction inquiries from other internal teams, including reaching out to external parties.
- Upload and account for wire payment requests including obtaining approval
- Timely recording of all property acquisitions, sales and associated income and expenses in the accounting system.
- The processing of accruals and prepayments recorded in the accounting system.
The successful candidate for this Assistant accountant (Temporary) role will be immediately available and able to work throughout the Christmas period.
Ideally the candidate will have begun their accountancy studies, in either ACCA/ ACA or CIMA.
This accountancy role based in central London will offer the candidate an opportunity to progress their career, within a large and busy finance team.