My client, a leading firm in Edinburgh is seeking a Property Accountant to join their team asap. This is a long term temp to perm role with the potential to work part time or with compressed hours.
A market leading organisation based in the centre of Edinburgh is looking for a Property Accountant.
- Accountable for the preparation of monthly management accounts (including commentary) for the group, subsidiaries or related parties.
- Ownership of preparation of management information as per agreed timing and frequency.
- Ownership of specific month end tasks such as review of recharging, tax reconciliations, intercompany transactions, and overhead reporting.
- Responsible for preparing accurate balance sheet reconciliations with full supporting documentation and action plans for any reconciling items as appropriate.
- Review bank reconciliations performed by transactional processing team.
- Perform income and cost reconciliations for the commercial properties.
- Prepare journals as part of month end process or to correct errors.
- Act as the point of contact for any questions relating to the group, where required working with finance colleagues in other teams to resolve promptly.
- Apply appropriate financial control and governance by adhering to the group accounting manual, policies and control framework, to support successful external audit outcomes.
- Support the group audit and compliance programme as appropriate
- Develop and sustain good working relationships with key stakeholders and colleagues.
- Provide analysis, data and explanations as requested for the year-end audit, statutory and regulatory financial reporting. Co-ordinate and act as initial contact during the external audit for any queries.
- Ideally you will be a qualified accountant but not essential, (ICAS, CIMA, ACCA)
- Practical working knowledge of accounting for commercial properties
- Good working knowledge of MS Office products and Finance ERP systems (Yardi ideally).
- Excellent bookkeeping and reconciliation skills
- Worked in a large organisation of a similar size and structure
- Demonstrate strong relationship and stakeholder management skills
- Good day rate for the successful Property Accountant - potential temp to perm opportunity in Edinburgh.
- The client would consider someone looking for compressed hours or part time.