Commercial Finance Analyst
My client is seeking a progressive Commercial Finance Analyst to join their large Finance team in Luton.
My client is an impressive national business with their Finance department based in Luton. This forward thinking and successful business offers a competitive salary and extensive benefits package including the opportunity for ACCA/CIMA study support.
The Commercial Finance Analyst role will include analysis and reporting on the viability and profitability of product and site level pricing, price changes and promotions. This role will support the commercial and financial assessment of pricing activities, including detailed pricing and scenario modelling, in turn contributing to the decisions the business makes.
Responsibilities will include:
- Modelling the potential impact of changes to pricing strategies / structures
- Performance analysis of pricing changes post the event
- Creation and analysis of the impact of new products
- Pricing / financial support for marketing in creating format strategy packs
- Support for the wider Finance Team in updating models and shared files
- Promotional Modelling and Analysis
- Modelling the potential impact of new/amended promotional activity
- Modelling the potential impact of new/amended packages
- Site Analysis
- Contribute to the bi-annual site level overall pricing and promotional reviews
- Analyse impact of pricing on site level performance
The successful Commercial Finance Analyst will have:
- A numerate/Financial Degree
- Be studying for Financial Qualification such as ACCA/CIMA
- Previous commercial experience within a finance based role
- Ideal candidate is commercial focused, analytically minded and a strategic thinker
- Good communication and influencing skills
- Can do attitude
- Highly analytical
- Strong Commercial acumen
- IT literacy and strong Excel skills
- Capable of interpreting and presenting financial information to different audiences verbally and using PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence applications are advantageous
- Must be able to work both as part of a team and independently
- Good organisation and time management skills are essential to this role
- Desire to 'get the job done', certain time periods may be busier than others
The salary on offer is between £24,000 and £28,000 dependent upon experience and qualifications. There is also an extensive benefits package with the opportunity to receive study support towards the ACCA/CIMA qualifications.