To provide Commercial Support to the Construction team to maximise cash-flow and secure the contractual position of the business
A international brand name based in modern offices in the Weybridge area, with some travel in to London for ad hoc meetings. Free parking provided and easy access via public transport.
The Project Accountant role involve the following - but may vary as there are multiple roles at different levels;
- Review contracts to minimise risk
- assist in management communication to and from the company to ensure compliance with the Contract programme and contractual commitments
- assist the Project Manager in all commercial communications
- manage the variation process and ensure the company position is secured financially and contractually.
- prepare and submit final accounts, including subcontractors accounts and ensure receipt of cash through to issue of final certificate
- responsible for ensuring cash received is positive against the costs incurred
- collection of retention amounts and final account statements
- issue all contractual notices throughout the projects to secure the company position and that of any subcontractors.
- assist in the management documentation of the snagging and handover process to secure the company's liability position
- assist in the preparation and submission of costing reports and profit forecasting.
- assist in the preparation of annual department budgets
- effective collaboration with multiple department within the business throughout the project cycle.
The ideal candidate for the Project Accountant role will:
- have a Quantity Surveying / Commercial / Financial or Accounting background.
- have a relentless focus on the achievement of targeted results
- have very strong negotiation skills and the ability to influence decisions
- ideally educated to degree level
- have a finance or Quantity Surveying qualification
The Project Accountant role offers a highly competitive salary of between £30-55,000 (multiple roles available, at different levels), plus benefits and career progression.