Interim Finance Manager
Your new company
Hays are recruiting exclusively for a highly successful international business services company in Wymondham.
Your new role
This role will be an integral part of a finance team dedicated to providing support to the EMEA business. This role will actively support the client services teams and operational teams within the business by producing and presenting insightful analysis that supports decision making across a number of key strategic client accounts.
This role will involve business partnering with the Business and Operational Directors and their direct reports, adding value and influencing the decision-making process. The successful candidate will need to be able to influence and build up a strong rapport with the Business and Operational Directors and their team is crucial to success in the role as is gaining their trust.
The Finance Manager will take full ownership for all relevant cost centre P&Ls and balance sheet items and ensure that the accounting is done correctly by the team. The Finance Manager will have use of a team of off-shore analysts to support across all transactional work and first line business support. The candidate will use their technical, problem solving and interpersonal skills to ensure that revenue is maximised and cost efficiencies are being implemented in their area of responsibility as well as generating annual budgets and periodic forecasts.
Delivery of business critical historic and forward looking management information, to aid inward and outward understanding of performance drivers and trends, will be vital to provide confidence to the business and to highlight opportunities for improvement. The Finance Manager will also be required to support in new business and client renewal opportunities, completing financial modelling/commercial analysis to assist decision making.
Specific area of responsibility Commercial Responsibilities
- Ability/confidence to provide appropriate degree of challenge to client services and operations teams to ensure sound decision-making from a financial perspective.
- Utilizing systems, commercial and financial acumen to identify areas of improvement within the business.
- Financial Modelling / commercial analysis to support various activities and assist in decision making within the division - new business opportunities, contract renewals and initiatives to optimise operational delivery of work
- Provision of financial analysis to support Client and Operational teams during commercial negotiations throughout the course of the contract period.
- Utilising systems, commercial and financial acumen to identify areas of improvement within the business
- Support of colleagues within Finance team to assist completion of various reporting / analysis activities Financial Reporting and Responsibilities
- Involvement in the completion of the Divisional Budgets and periodic forecasts
- Responsibility for completion of monthly reporting and the provision of variance analysis and insightful commentary
- Ownership of client balance sheets, ensuring accuracy as well as identification and management of any potential risks
- Identification of process improvements to support the management team and improve the delivery of information across the division Business Challenge
- Identify opportunities for the enhancement of profitability through an intimate knowledge of business operations and understanding of profit and cost drivers.
- Support the business by providing high quality, relevant Management information, requiring detailed understanding of the reporting environments on site, and benchmarking to best practice
What you'll need to succeed
- A qualified accountant (CIMA / ACCA / ACA)
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational skills to ensure completion of multiple activities within tight reporting deadlines
- excellent Excel skills are vital given the nature of the responsibilities
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment would be advantageous
- Highly commercial with a real drive to gain an understanding of the business
- Ability to pick things up quickly and hit the ground running
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to build effective working relationships at all levels across the business functions.
- Confident in influencing senior management/directors and wider stakeholders in financial management.
- Organised and proactive, with the ability to work independently and as part of a team and the strength of character to immediately impact upon the business and ensure continuity of the service provided
- Highly numerate with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver high quality work, often to tough deadlines
- Eager for additional responsibilities and looking for career progression within the organisation
This is a full time temporary contract working Monday to Friday for approximately 3-4 months but may be extended further.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.