As a result of continued growth and increasing profitability, an internationally expanding SME media company in London is recruiting for a management accountant to drive the performance reporting for the events side of the business.
My client is a £30m T/O business information provider based in London. Their growth over the past ten years now sees them employ 250 people across 5 international locations. More recently their growth has been as a result of acquisitions and most recently they have brought on board a data business and further journals. As a business information provider they have a strong base of subscription revenue, but also offer a number of industry awards and seminar-style events.
In line with continued growth plans the CFO is looking to recruit a Management Accountant based in London. In this role you will take charge of the reporting and analysis for the events side of the business:
- Ownership of the day-to-day finances, including month end reporting with additional commentary;
- Leading on the preparation of accurate and insightful management information for the events business;
- Taking a proactive approach to the development and design of the board packs for internal stakeholders;
- Preparation of the budgeting and forecasting process, including meetings with budget holders;
- Leading on year end accounts preparation and year-end audit;
- Assisting with VAT and corporation tax returns;
- Ad hoc reporting and modelling as required (e.g. event analysis).
As a strong candidate for this Management Accountant you will:
- Be a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA);
- Possess all-round finance skills, including financial reporting and management reporting at month end;
- Have a strong attention to detail and the ability to notice errors and investigate where appropriate;
- Be comfortable working across all areas of finance and supporting transactional areas of finance at busy periods;
- Show a proactive approach to working in a changing environment and developing processes where necessary;
- Demonstrate strong excel and systems skills;
- Possess excellent communication skills and a proven track record of working within a team and with senior management.
The offer to the successful candidate will be £45,000-£50,000 depending on experience plus a competitive benefits package which includes: season-ticket-loan, pensions matched up to 2%, cycle-to-work scheme, and 24 days annual leave + 1 for your birthday.
You will also be joining a collaborative team-based environment with many company-wide events on a quarterly basis (e.g. Christmas trip to Paris). In addition, this role will provide you with the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, growth environment which will provide an excellent learning opportunity.