Assistant Financial Accountant
Supporting the finance department by completing routine clerical and accounting tasks. Preparing budgets, maintaining reports, analysis information, dealing with FX, Cashflow reporting and completing other accounting duties and ad-hoc project work for the company.
The client is a manufacturing business in Bridgend looking for the right candidate to join their finance team with excellent opportunities for progression and career development.
The responsibilities of this role will include:
- Liaison with the Credit Management teams
- Dealing with FX transactions.
- Monthly FX accounting
- Cashflow forecasting and reporting
- Provision of information for Internal and External Audits.
- Project management work
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Preparation of intrastats
- Monthly bank reconciliations
The successful candidate will:
- Have at least 2 years relevant experience within a Finance environment.
- Practical experience of accounting and/or banking/book keeping procedures
- Be able to communicate effectively with a wide range of staff throughout the business and prepared to actively participate in meetings.
- Be able to work independently or as part of a team, while planning and prioritising tasks.
- Be keen to progress with the business and develop their accounting experience
- Studying ACCA/CIMA
- Excellent IT/Excel skills
If successful you will have a wide range of benefits including:
- A competitive salary and a generous pension scheme
- Study Support
- Free Parking