Senior Finance Business Partner
Responsible for leading the Technology Operations Finance team and providing financial support to SVP Technology Operations and his leadership team. The Technology Operations Finance team is responsible for acting as Business Partners driving strategy, planning and overall financial performance.
My client is committed to a world that's always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it's one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. They are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology - and each other to surpass these boundaries - they create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world's innovations, personal and global, large and small.
● Applies a strategic planning approach, identifying tools, techniques and practices that are business enablers and enhance improvements in cost/performance or sustainability.
● Monitors the finance progress against leadership team strategic goals and identifies bottlenecks to progress, identifying potential solutions, providing advice and escalating as needed to ensure goals are achieved.
● Supports planning processes, including setting targets, communicating assumptions, coordinating budget preparation, challenging submissions and seeking synergies upon consolidation.
● Provides the business with relevant financial support to enable effective planning while applying budgeting and forecasting techniques.
● Provides reasoned advice on modelling, planning and forecasting with reference to cost, time and quality which incorporate the organization strategic direction.
● Applies common quantitative techniques such as discounted cash flow (DCF) to model the economic, fiscal and accounting impact of typical commercial activities.
● Provides analysis to support decision-making, including presenting economic outcomes, identifying the key value drivers, benefits, sensitivities and risks, accounting and fiscal implications.
● Prepares and analyses problems using sensitivity analysis and other techniques; reviews variance analyses and account reconciliations, and identifies significant items requiring the attention of higher-level management.
● Has experience working with multiple business models.
● Applies a combination of quantitative methods, qualitative judgement and forward estimates in the development of sophisticated capital investment analysis.
● Applies various techniques such as target costing, value analysis, life cycle and is able to discuss implications.
● Prepares analysis and reports that enable the business management to effectively challenge costs and inform decision-making.
● Participates in waste elimination efforts with the business to understand key drivers and cost reduction opportunities.
● Change Management Capability - Understands the change management process. Able to influence and lead others to embrace change positively in support of organizational objectives.
- Experience in a finance management role.
- Experience working in a multi-national matrix organization
- Strong understanding of materiality and ability to prioritize across competing agendas
- Ability to conduct investment analysis and capital asset evaluation
- Deep accounting knowledge - holding a recognised accountancy qualification or equivalent
- Ability to identify business risks and implementation of tactics to mitigate
- Understanding of financial control, business performance management and process optimization and experience of working in more than one of these areas
- An understanding of putting internal financial results into an external market context
- Awareness of multiple business models and experience of working with more than one
- Proven capability to develop and lead high performance diverse teams
- Understanding of finance specialist areas: tax, treasury, M&A, compliance, corporate governance and ability to utilise proper judgement to involve them as necessary
- Understand the principles of change management and demonstrated ability to champion and drive change.
- Experience working for a technology company or supporting technology groups in large corporate environment
- Participation in international projects, may be short or long term (preferred but not required)
A highly competitive package is on offer