In this Finance Assistant position you will be in a small London-based accountancy team. Ensuring the accounting system and sales system is up to date is important for the business to be able to access useful and relevant information.
The Finance team is a busy place to work and multi-tasking and strong organisational skills will be important to being successful in this position.
My client is in a small London based office where they design and make different furniture and interiors.
As the Finance Assistant you will have the below duties:
- Entering and filing of Supplier invoices in a timely manner
- Maintaining Invoice Master log which details the cycle from receipt of invoice through approval process and finally to payment of invoice
- Managing the Invoice approval process internally
- Reconciling supplier statements to the accounting system
- Assisting with sending key suppliers remittances as required
- Entering and filing of Sales invoices
- Maintain and reconcile sales ledger accounts
- Send out customer statements to key customers as required
- Enter and reconcile monthly credit card statements
- Enter and reconcile employee expense and mileage claims
- Processing daily UK and US credit cards using card terminal
- Comply with best practise, including legal compliance, data protection, and Health and Safety
- Represent the department both internally and externally
- Finance point of contact for external suppliers via telephone and email.
- Liaison with external consultants to arrange and monitor office and workshop maintenance
- Maintaining printers, office equipment and other infrastructure at the Head Office and other sites
- Assisting with couriers, collections and other supplies orders
- Other general office duties such as opening and filing of post
As the Finance Assistant you will:
- Have used Excel to a Pivot Tables and V-lookups standard
- Be studying an accounting qualification AAT/ACCA/CIMA
- Have worked in a similar role for 1 year
£24,000 - £27,000 + Benefits