An opportunity has arisen for a Financial Controller to join an award-winning advertising agency based in the west end.
My client works with leading brands to help keep them relevant in todays market by going beyond the traditional agency model and creating ideas that connect with their audience wherever they are and whatever format they would like to engage with.
Situated in their bustling west end offices, they have a relaxed casual dress policy, fully stocked bar and dynamic working environment working alongside creative professionals.
This Financial Controller role will operate as a standalone finance role within the agency but will be an integral member of a UK finance team that operates across all divisions of the legal entity.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing client KPIs including profitability analysis, staff utilisation and fee reconciliations
- Management of WIP, undertaking regular meetings with the account managers to gain accurate understanding of project status and profitability
- Manage timesheet system, tracking and chasing missing timesheet
- Day to day responsibility for PO system, purchase invoice control and sales invoice instruction
- Month end closing responsibilities including balance sheet reconciliations with supporting information, detailed cut off analysis and various reporting requirements
- Assist with elements of the monthly management reporting, ensuring accurate and timely submission of the financial reporting requirements and commercial analysis
- Responsible for contributing to the forecasting and budgeting process
- Supporting fee proposals for client pitches
- Assist with annual audits
- Provide commercial and admin support to the Managing Director
- Management of relationships with key personnel in the Group network in relation to general company related matters.
- The role will include a small element of travel between UK offices
The ideal Financial Controller candidate will have the following:
- A background in a creative/marketing/media agency/advertising and PR environment is highly desirable
- Exposure to revenue reporting would be preferential including client profitability and utilisation
- Be able to work proactively
- Be commercially minded and have proven analytical experience
- The ideal candidate would be a good communicator with the ability to liaise with all teams within the agency as well as senior staff within the business
- Excellent Excel skills
- Fully qualified finance professional with either ACA, CIMA, ACCA (or equivalent)
- Ability to work in central London
Basic salary of up to £50,000 + benefits.