Senior Finance Officer
Part Time Accountant - £34,000 Pro rata - 18hrs
Your new company
Your new company is a well known public sector organisation.
Your new role
Your new role as part time senior finance officer is focused around providing an accounting function for one of the businesses subsidiary companies, which is a commercially focused entity.
The key duties of this role are :-
- Provide the accounting function for the subsidiary company
- Be the keeper of the chart of accounts, ensuring it is fit for purpose in the future
- Produce statutory financial statements for the subsidiary group
- Assist with the preparation of the budgets for the limited company and its subsidiary
- Be responsible for the VAT returns of the subsidiary
- Support and develop complaints processes, continuously improving them
- Manage the subsidiary companies bank accounts
- Co ordinate month end activities for the subsidiary
What you'll need to succeed
To succeed in this role you will ideally be a qualified or part qualified accountant. You will have a broad understanding of both management and financial accounting. You will have good communication skills and stakeholder management.
What you'll get in return
In return you will receive a salary up to £34,000 which will be pro rata`d for the 0.5 FTE which equates to 18 hours a week. You will also receive an excellent pension and a market leading holiday allowance of 36 days, which is also pro rata`d.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.