Finance Business Partner
The role of the Finance Business Partner is to manage the timely and accurate reporting of the entity/entities in scope, and to ensure that robust procedures and controls are in place. To be a strong business partner to the Sites within its scope.
Our client are a leading International Manufacturing business who produce and distribute millions of small but essential components, every day. Their international network extends to 30+ countries and includes 50 manufacturing facilities, even more sales and distribution operations and 4 research and development centres.
- Produce monthly reports for sites within assigned responsibility
- Report into Cognos Controller in accordance with Group Accounting Timetable
- Analyse material variances, manage inventory and working capital, and reconcile COGS
- Analyse labour variances
- Ensure revenue recognition is accurately reported
- Participate in review meeting calls, reviewing performance against KPI's and supporting site leadership in identifying and driving continuous improvement opportunities
Forecasting & Planning
- Provide expertise and insight to support accurate site forecast
- Provide expertise and insight to support the annual plan process
- Annual review of machine hourly rates for accurate costing of goods & valuations
- Provide financial expertise to assess capital investment decisions
- Support UK Shared Services in compliance of physical asset verification
- Ensure integrity of site costings and conduct audits as appropriate
- Prepare and ensure compliance with stock cycle counts and participate in half year and year end full stock counts
- Support TBC to manage the internal audit process at sites
- Support the UK Shared Services Finance Director to manage the external audit processes to ensure that all data requests are prepared, submitted and closed out in a timely manner
- Work closely with the tax accountant to ensure that VAT processes are adhered to
- Ensure the businesses comply with third party due diligence and legal compliance framework
- Prepare and review GM and inventory reports
- Ensure that the businesses comply with Group Accounting policies (EAM).
- Strong business partnership with local site leadership teams and instill a customer service culture within the accounts department.
- Strong collaboration with the UK Shared Services team is essential to ensure that key deliverables are executed in an accurate and timely manner, responding to UKSS requests for information to support the preparation of Control Files in accordance with Group policy
- Participate in and support projects and initiatives for driving continuous improvement within operations and accounting processes
- Other adhoc duties and responsibilities as requested by TBC
- Qualified accountant. (ICAEW,ACCA,CIMA)
- Experience in industry is desirable
- Knowledge of IBM Cognos Controller, JD Edwards or Vision is desirable
- Driven personality and a self-starter with ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Able to influence and interact with senior management within the organisation.
- High level of numeracy and IT literate (Excel/Powerpoint).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Highly organised/structured approach, with the ability to co-ordinate a large number tasks simultaneously.
- Highly pragmatic, with the ability to use process/structure appropriately to achieve high quality results in required timescales.
- Comfortable working cross-functionally in areas outside own area of expertise.
- Full UK Driving License - as travel to sites will be required
Competitive remuneration package on offer as well as opportunity to progress within the business.