Assistant Management Accountant
Our client is a logistics business providing distribution solutions looking for a Assistant Accountant.
Your new company
Our client is a logistics business providing distribution solutions. An opportunity has arisen for a skilled junior accountant to join the business and contribute to the overall success of the site. You will report directly to the site Management Accountant responsible for delivering Management Information to stakeholders throughout the business.
Your new role
- Responsible for supporting in the production of weekly and monthly Management Accounts and P&Ls
- Working closely with operational teams to analyse the performance of the P&L, prepare budgets, forecasts and MI
- Submit weekly costings and KPI information to Head Office
- Get involved with the production of monthly review packs of financial and operational management information for discussion with customers at review meetings
- Contribute towards annual budgets and periodic re-forecasts for all profit centres
- Raise Invoices and credit control customers and update company cash forecast
- Deal with site suppliers including self-billing subcontract hauliers on a weekly basis
- Maintain accurate purchase ordering
- Numerous ad-hoc reports and project tasks as required
What you'll need to succeed
- Experienced in the production or assisting in the production of Management Accounts
- Have strong IT skills, particularly MS Excel
- Part qualified AAT or ACCA/CIMA
What you'll get in return
- Mon - Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm
- Competitive salary
- Study Support
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.