Accounting & Finance Graduate
Finance sits at the heart of Kerry, impacting every decision of our business and helping us deliver our strategy and vision. All Finance Graduates are supported to study towards a CIMA or ACCA qualification and receive a generous study package including financial assistance and study leave.
We offer a variety of opportunities in Accounting & Finance including Financial Control, Operations Finance, Financial Reporting, Management Reporting, Tax, Treasury and M&A. Accounting & Finance Graduates will have a further opportunity to rotate between the different finance teams to get a broad understanding of all aspects of the business.
Roles may be based in our Global Finance Headquarters in Tralee, in Co. Kerry, Ireland, on one of our European Manufacturing sites or in our European Global Technology & Innovation Centre in Naas, Co. Kildare, Ireland. Candidates must be flexible with regards travel and relocation for this role.
As an Accounting & Finance Graduate with Kerry you will work with key players in the business from the outset to help meet corporate, business unit and department objectives and goals. Within months of your start you’ll be participating in planning and forecasting meetings, conducting investment analysis, preparing management accounts and maintaining budgetary controls.
As an integral part of our business, you will gradually take on more extensive responsibilities and become involved in matters of strategic importance.
Responsibilities will vary depending on the Finance team that you are assigned to, but may include:
- Forecasting, Budgeting and Month Reporting responsibility for business along with communication to the business team;
- Understand market trends, dynamics, price/volume trends and outlooks to recommend actions that lead to profitable growth;
- Develop tools and reporting methods for variance reporting that identify and analyze key variables which affect the financial performance of the business;
- Assist in the development and implementation of process improvement initiatives to drive control, alignment and efficiencies;
- Support for business leadership through performance management. Understands business trends and monitors financial performance against benchmarks and key performance indicators.
- Develop, prepare and present, mid-year and annual budget projections.
What we are looking for:
First and foremost we look for hardworking, analytical and curious individuals who want to be pushed outside of their comfort zone.
- Minimum 2:1 degree in Accounting, Finance or Business related discipline
- Fluency in a second European language is an advantage
- Knowledge of SAP is desirable, however training will be provided
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Proven record of delivering on projects and achievement of results
- Motivated self-starter with the determination and drive to succeed
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Strong ability to work well in a team and on your own
- Excellent IT skills, particularly in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Willingness to travel or relocate across the global Kerry organisation is a key requirement