Vice President Outsourced FCA Accounting
- Level of qualification
GLOBAL FINANCIAL SERVICES BRAND - OUTSOURCED FCA ACCOUNTING - VICE PRESIDENT - £70000 - £80000
Your new company
Your new company is a global financial services firm with expertise in complex valuation, corporate finance, disputes and investigations and compliance and regulatory consulting formed in the 1930's.
Your new role
You will be the Vice President of the accounting function of the friendly and motivated Compliance & Regulatory Consulting team (CRC) of approximately 30 individuals. In the accounting team of 5 you will be responsible for the delivery of a complete accountancy service to a portfolio of clients in financial services and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority which will include hedge fund managers and private equity houses. The role will involve delivering an exceptional service to existing clients, assisting with the sales efforts to grow the accountancy practice and managing the team engaged in the provision of such services. Responsibilities:
- Manage an external facing finance function including:
- Accounting & Bookkeeping including preparation of financial statements ready for the Audit process
- Liaise with independent auditors to ensure timely completion of the year end process
- Payroll & Company Secretarial
- Regulatory Financial Reporting
- VAT returns and communications with HMRC
- Manage the recurring deadlines for the team and ensure things get done
- Manage client scope and time budgets
- Review work produced by the team
- Integrate with other key services including compliance and tax services
- Contribute to the marketing efforts of the wider outsourcing team to deliver a strategy for growth of the Accounting Practice
What you'll need to succeed
As a minimum you will have a 2:1 degree or international equivalent and will be a qualified accountant ACA/ACCA/CIMA with sufficient post qualification experience in managing an outsourced finance function model. You will have relevant practical experience in the preparation of management accounts and statutory year-end financial statements, good knowledge of VAT and will have some experience of working with FCA regulated entities and asset management reporting either in practice or in house although practice experience somewhere along the line is essential. You will be a client facing, solutions focused, individual with clear, logical thought process, able to arrive at and make decisions and articulate these clearly. You will have exceptional oral and written communication skills and presentational expertise. You will have excellent time management and ability to work under pressure. You will have knowledge of the investment management industry and must be able to manage multiple stakeholder relationships and must be able to manage several simultaneous work streams efficiently.
What you'll get in return
- Attractive salary of between £70,000 - £80,000 dependent upon experience
- Discretionary performance and team related bonus
- A range of flexible benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.