Senior Management Accountant
Leading education and training provider on the outskirts of Milton Keynes. This role presents an exciting opportunity for an experienced management accountant to help shape the financial future of the business.
Our client are a leading education and training provider in the Milton Keynes area. A recent retirement has created the need for an experienced management accountant to join the business.
Senior Management Accountant Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Managing Director preparing all necessary financial reports, budgets & financial forecasts
- Control and forecast the company's income and expenditure, including detailed cash flow
- Produce month end P&L and balance sheets and detailed management accounts
- Assisting in the end of year process, including preparation of the end of year files for the company's auditors & assist with all audit queries
- Provide support and guidance to the finance team as appropriate
- Reconcile spending with budget as part of job costing
- Analyse financial performance and forecast longer term horizons
- Recommend methods and strategies for cutting costs
- Advise the board and/or department management on financial decisions
- Make senior level strategy recommendations based on financial information
Senior Management Accountant Requirements:
- Studying towards or at final stages of ACCA/CIMA
- Strong excel skills and ability to work quickly and accurately
- Possess strong analytical skills and in particularly can demonstrate the ability to conclude and make recommendations
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Confidence to challenge senior business partners
- Knowledge of Oracle desirable but not essential
Opportunity for a senior management accountant to take a leading role in shaping the financial future for the business.