Internal Auditor - Issue Assurance
Are you a sharp evaluator of risk? Do you enjoy investigating complex issues / situations and proposing solutions? We're looking for someone who can:
- monitor the status, follow up on and provide independent assurance on effective and sustainable remediation of identified risks – after issues are closed by management, Issue Assurance (IA) assesses whether issues with moderate to critical impact have been remediated effectively and sustainably
– review (conduct 1st level reviews) remediation steps submitted by management for issue closure to assess whether these have addressed the relevant original risk(s)
- engage with internal and external stakeholders on issues related to individual items as well as remediation themes identified in different areas
- build and maintain strong relationship with key stakeholders
- proactively contribute towards developing detailed procedures, guidance and FAQs for the issue assurance process and identify, assess and prioritize process improvements / system enhancements
You will be working in Group Internal Audit (GIA) Issue Assurance Team based in Zabierzow. GIA is an independent function that supports UBS in achieving its strategic, operational, financial and compliance objectives. We do this by assessing key processes as well as governance, risk management, and the control environment within all business divisions and Corporate Center (CC) functions globally. We are independent in our work and report directly to the Chairman of the Board and the Audit Committee.
We are a talent powerhouse that attracts and develops the best people by driving career growth in and outside the department. You will gain insight into a wide variety of credit risk, marker risk and financial crime related topics and processes, and into a wide variety of businesses and functions, and leverage your knowledge and understanding to perform reviews of remediation actions submitted by management.
– an university degree, preferably within the finance and or banking field
– several years of relevant experience in external or internal audit, compliance, internal control or risk areas (preferably within the financial industry)
– good understanding of financial markets, operational aspects, as well as process flows within and between banks / counterparts
– strong analytical skills and quantitative approach to problem solving – you are able to quickly understand complex processes and challenge the status quo, identify risks and inadequacies in procedures, as well as propose practical and sustainable solutions
– an excellent verbal and written command of English with the ability to effectively communicate with senior stakeholders
– flexible and willing to handle various topics and to keep up with financial industry developments
– excellent communicator, able to effectively communicate at different levels of an organization verbally and in writing
– curious and willing to discover all aspects of the bank, with the ambition to advance your career in an international environment
– risk focused, and capable of using data analytics
– committed team player and reliable when working independently, with sound judgment for when to escalate issues
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
What we offer
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now on ubs.com/polandcareers