An opportunity has arisen for a Finance Manager within a growing SME organisation in Farnham, Surrey.
Finance Manager - About the Role
Working from the organisations Head Office, you will be responsible for the day to day running of the Finance and Accounts function, with the support of a part time Financial Controller who has legacy information and will be able to provide a full handover when starting, although the focus will be for you to take the reins after a 3-4 month period. You will support the delivery of the financial strategy and provide insightful and fact-based input to support the wider commercial strategy.
As the Finance Manager you will report directly in to the Managing Director, with your main duties and responsibilities covering:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts, analysing and explaining unexpected variances against budget and prior year.
- Preparation of monthly, weekly and other insightful volume reports – to help support informed business decisions
- Board meeting preparation – providing all necessary analyses and reports, predominantly focusing on strategy
- Constant review of cashflow
- Initiate discussions with lenders, comparing and contrasting alternative funding arrangements to establish most convenient way to finance CAPEX plans
- Preparation of detailed annual budget, ensuring all cost lines are fully supported and working closely with sales director and managing director to establish volume and revenue targets
- Annual pricing review
- Preparation of year end audit file and follow through to sign off statutory accounts
- Continual review of accounting processes and procedures
- Ensure all HMRC legislation followed and appropriate documentation prepared
- Oversee monthly payroll process with help from accounts assistant
- Manage annual insurance review process, ensuring appropriate cover in place for all areas of the business
- Manage small accounts/ admin department (accounts assistant, trade manager; trade manager’s assistant)
The successful Finance Manager will have the following skills and experience:
- Be actively studying a recognised accountancy qualification (ACCA/CIMA) nearing finalist stage, newly qualified or relevant experience and studying
- Previous relevant experience in a similar sized organisation of at least 4 years
- Have exceptional communication skills, as you will be a main point of liaison within the organisation
- Have the aspiration to develop in a smaller organisation, grow with the company, and progress up to Financial Director level
- Be able to utilise MS Excel to produce strong, business influencing analytics
Finance Manager - Benefits
- Study Support package to complete ACCA/CIMA
- 25 days holiday
- Competitive salary
- Exposure and development
Howett Thorpe are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role and comply with all relevant UK legislation and do not discriminate on any protected characteristics. Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days, please assume that you have not been successful.
Refer a friend
If this job is not of interest to you, but you know a friend or colleague who may be interested, recommend them to us and receive a minimum of £150 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a permanent role and a minimum of £25 in vouchers if we place them in a temporary assignment. (Terms & conditions apply)