Senior Finance Strategy Manager
SENIOR FINANCE STRATEGY MANAGER
Oxford Summer Courses seeks an experienced, entrepreneurial and ambitious Senior Finance Strategy Manager – an individual with an eye for detail and a proven track record of leading an SME’s finance team through rapid growth.
About the role
As our Senior Finance Strategy Manager you will have overall control and responsibility for all financial aspects of the company. You’ll manage a team to produce and analyse financial information and implement recommendations to improve company performance. You’ll develop a strategic approach to managing our cashflow, scope investment and acquisition opportunities and drive improved financial literacy throughout the organisation. You’ll lead our Finance team and work with our Finance and HR Controller who leads on financial compliance. You’ll hold department heads to account for their budgets across the whole organisation.
As part of our fast-growth company, we expect the role to develop over time – which is likely to require future responsibilities relating to corporate finance, company policies regarding capital requirements, debt, taxation, equity and acquisitions as appropriate.
• Strategy – contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, conducting financial analysis to determine profitability of different courses and support strategic decision-making. Conduct options analysis and probabilistic financial and risk modelling where necessary to support recommendations
• Financial modelling to support investment – produce and monitor full detailed cashflow and profit and loss over 5 years including investment plan covering internal and external opportunities. Responsible for cash management policy to improve return on cash reserves
• Entrepreneurial approach – ability to work effectively in entrepreneurial environment and across all functions of a finance department, identifying and implementing more efficient processes/systems/workflows
• Acquisitions – work alongside Directors to scope possible acquisition targets, managing a team to conduct due diligence work. Possible integration of new companies into current portfolio
• Developing wider team – lead and develop finance team; develop training and development plan to improve financial literacy across the organisation; monitor departmental budgets to scrutinise costs
• Reporting – accountable for the company’s management accounting function and regular reporting to Directors
• £55-70k per annum (FTE) with up to 10% bonus based on individual goals
• Flexible working options including potential for a 4-day week
• A range of additional company benefits
• Start: Immediate
• Location can be in Oxford, London or Cambridge with flexible working options
• Relevant accountancy qualification (ACA, CIMA or ACCA)
• Proven background in working with an SME which has experienced rapid growth
• Financial analysis and management accounting
• Excellent Excel skills, including detailed ability to train others in finance and budgeting
• Confident communicator with proven experience of negotiating, persuading and influencing at all levels
• Ability to manage multiple projects with different stakeholders and deadlines
• Strong work ethic, self-motivated
• Highly organised and attentive to detail
• Commercially astute
• Supportive team player with ability to develop strong professional relationships
• Experience working in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with a “can do” attitude
• Experience with Xero accounting system
Please send a CV and cover letter detailing relevant experience and what you would bring to the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis, therefore an early application is recommended.
Oxford Summer Courses is a fast-growth education company committed to exceptional educational experiences. We are ranked 496th fastest growing company in Europe (80th in the UK) by the Financial Times. The organisation was established in 2010 by a network of Oxford alumni determined to share the magic of the university and the city with the wider world. Although Oxford Summer Courses isn’t part of the university, Oxford is at the heart of everything we do. It shapes what, where and how we teach.
We run a summer school that welcomes over 2,000 motivated international students aged 10- 24 in Oxford, Cambridge, High Wycombe, London and India where they’ll study a wide variety of academic subjects and English language courses.
We are a dynamic team of 26 staff members located across Oxford, Cambridge, London and India. Together we build global partnerships and oversee preparation for the busy summer months when a team of over 150 tutors and 200 on-course delivery staff join us to deliver our courses.
Oxford Summer Courses values and actively nurture company culture through a range of staff benefits curated by staff members, regular social events and a collaborative head office situated at the heart of Oxford. For that reason, Real Business and Breathe recognised us as an SME Culture Leader in the UK. We are seeking an individual that wants to be part of shaping the growth of the company as well as contributing to the award-winning team culture.
Our goal is to share the exciting academic adventure of Oxford – and other elite universities – with the world. Alongside our summer courses we run a charity (Universify Education) that offers free access courses to encourage applications to top universities from students from disadvantaged backgrounds.
Please note that Oxford Summer Courses has robust safeguarding policies. References are requested and will be scrutinised. Where appropriate, they will be validated with the providing referee.
Please note that only successful applicants will be contacted and that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.