Head of Finance
A fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic company that is currently planning it's next stage of growth. As the Head of Finance you will help the company implement the appropriate systems and processes to provide the perfect platform for expansion.
Our client, based in Monmouth is an exciting business with a strong UK presence. It has a reputation for high levels of service and has an increasing footprint in both the UK and overseas. With an entrepreneurial spirit and a 'can do' culture, they are determined for further growth.
The successful candidate will be part of the operational senior management team and will be responsible for the development of the financial control environment, commercial support of the business and leading financial reporting both to the business and the group.
The role will be actively involved in driving continuous improvement both within the finance team and the wider business and is a key position in the organisation to ensure the business has appropriate controls, governance, insight and challenge as it continues to grow.
Leading and developing a small team with both hands-on and strategic input you will be responsible for:
- Delivery of timely and accurate management accounts (P&L, B/S, KPI's) monthly reporting of business performance to the business and group, including appropriate analysis and input to improving performance
- Development of business forecasting and budgeting
- Business Insight and support of pricing / costing to enable evaluated decision making
- Utilisation of systems to provide enhanced control, efficiency and business analytics
- Oversight of financial reconciliations and the control environment, including development of accounting policies
- Management and reporting of stock and capital expenditure
- Review and establishing of effective business processes
- Working closely with other Group support teams to ensure appropriate levels of support for the business including HR, IT etc
- Business process improvement and resilience
- Capex appraisal and planning
- Cash flow management and forecasting
- Management of year end processes and support of audit and preparation of company
- Oversight of tax and other regulatory returns
The successful candidate:
Will be a full qualified accountant (ACA, ACMA, ACCA), educated to degree level, with demonstrable post qualification experience of:
- Supporting a business management team
- Leading reporting of business performance
- Developing processes and control
- Team management and development
- Further the successful candidate will have significant experience of business systems and development of financial modelling and reporting.
The person will need to have excellent interpersonal skills and build relationships across a wide range of functions both within the and group teams; with a collaborative approach, but a strong ability to influence and drive change, with a desire to effect continuous improvements to the systems and processes.
The role requires an individual to bring thought leadership to the business, through challenge and a desire to effect continuous improvement to business performance, systems and processes and through developing people.
The person should be able to effectively demonstrate and support the business's culture and values.
£55,000 + Bonus