Commercial Finance Manager
The role involves providing financial insight and analysis for our Specialist Group Business Units to ensure that key management information is of the highest quality. Interacting with a range of internal stakeholders many at a senior level, the role will cover a variety of standard and ad hoc activities to ensure that Group heads have relevant financial information on which to act.
The Client are an award-winning engineering consultancy with a creative team of engineers, designers, and technical specialists. They provide innovative solutions to complex engineering and design challenges for buildings. Irrespective of the scale or complexity of a project, they provide a full range of MEP, environmental and sustainability services, bringing buildings to life and ensuring that they perform in operation as well as they look.
- Ownership and preparation of monthly forecast information for each Group to be presented and finalised with Group head.
- Analysis of month end accounts vs forecasts to identify variances and understand root cause.
- Preparation of annual budget for each Group in conjunction with Group head.
- Analysis of financial project performance to identify poor performing projects and required actions.
- Provide sounding board for individual Group heads on ad hoc financial and commercial issues.
- Supporting Board member responsible for Specialist Groups in monthly meetings and on ad hoc initiatives.
- Line management of 3 staff responsible for the project admin and invoicing of all Specialist Group projects
- High level of numeracy and literacy with good attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to gain respect quickly for individuals at all levels.
- Excellent communication and team working skills.
- Focus on continuous improvement to processes and underlying systems
- Experience of managing team
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office with advanced Excel ability.
- Qualified accountant (or QBE with extensive relevant experience).
- Salary from £55,000 to £60,000
- Private medical scheme
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with length of service
- Contributory pension scheme
- Friendly and dynamic team working environment
- Working closely with people at all levels of the organisation
- Opportunities for career progression