We are looking for an experienced Board Level Finance Director to join this industry leading SME business based on the South Coast.
Finance Director - About The Role
The role is working for an SME manufacturing and engineering business that has an international presence; based within their Sussex office with limited travel to other sites and managing the complete finance team with the support of a Head of Finance.
As the Finance Director you will:
- Oversee and actively participate in all financial aspects of the Company Strategy, taking responsibility for the flow of information to the Managing Director, the board, banks, investors and other trading partners.
- Protect the interests of the shareholders
- Actively participate in the strategic planning (vision and process), guarding the company’s commercial strategy
- Formulate financial targets and budgets, in line with the Boards expectations
- Corporate Finance requirements – seek to resolve the Company’s capital finance requirements
- Support the bid and tender process
- Spearhead the Company’s finance function, leading on: Reporting functions, Hedging and foreign exchange, Preparation of monthly management accounts, and Asset registers
- Embed a performance culture within the accounts department
- Work in conjunction with the Commercial Department; supporting financial terms with new customers, support the bid and tender process
- Plus, additional duties
The successful Finance Director will have:
- Previous experience working as a Finance Director and ideally operated at a Board level.
- Hold a full Accountancy Qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or Equivalent)
- Educated to degree level
- Proven track record of increasing senior management roles
- Experience of managing a team of finance professionals
- The ability to present financial information to board level and finance/ non-finance individuals
Finance Director - Benefits
As a Board Level Finance Director you will eligible for all of the company benefits including Pension, Bonus, Healthcare, Critical Illness, Life Insurance, Income protection etc.
Howett Thorpe are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role and comply with all relevant UK legislation and do not discriminate on any protected characteristics. Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days please assume that you have not been successful.
Refer a friend
If this job is not of interest to you, but you know a friend or colleague who may be interested, recommend them to us and receive a minimum of £150 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a permanent role and a minimum of £25 in vouchers if we place them in a temporary assignment. (Terms & conditions apply)