Ambitious US-owned manufacturer have an exciting opportunity for a Finance Director to lead their UK business.
Innovative and ambitious US-owned manufacturing business in Leicester have an exciting opportunity for a Finance Director to join their team, leading their UK and European operations. As a key member of the Senior Leadership team, you will take full responsibility for the finance function of this fast-paced multi-site manufacturer, leading teams to ensure the timely and accurate provision of value-add financial and commercial support, driving both performance and growth. Your key responsibilities will include;
- Contribute to daily, weekly, monthly and annual financial forecasting, monitoring and reporting
- Complete the segments monthly forecast and close including the preparation, interpretation and analysis of financial data, key performance indicators, working capital metrics and 80/20 activities per published reporting calendar.
- Undertake UK statutory reporting tasks according to published timelines
- Prepare for and lead the segment through internal and external audits, closing out corrective actions within timescales set.
- Contribute to the development and review of the strategic aspects of the annual operating plan and develop the financial budget around the strategic plan.
- Prepare and present financial results and annual plan presentations to Group Leaders
- Embed a culture of continuous improvement to achieve world-class service standards, adaptive to market change and aligned to client needs
- Design, develop and test internal controls to secure and protect assets and reduce fraud risk.
- Work with leaders to create authorisations for expenditures (CapEx requests and business cases) including analysis of cost savings, ROI, payback etc.
- Oversee the annual physical inventory and reconcile differences.
- Consolidate and report all financial data through to US Group level in compliance with corporate standard practice instructions (SPIs)
- Set and achieve goals, objectives and KPIs to drive intelligent business performance; drive accountability by providing "view and go" systems using ERP and MIS
- Clearly communicate vision and provide clear direction.
- Embed strong people management strategies to develop and nurture engaged employees who are committed and driven to achieve results
- Think strategically (see the bigger picture) but understand the detail and get involved in day to day activities
- Review business processes to drive simplification initiatives, USa projects and other applications of core 80/20 principles.
- Champion implementation of 80/20 philosophies within the segment
You will be a Senior Finance Professional with a demonstrable track record of operating at Director-level within a multi-site manufacturing business. You will have had experience of working with a US-owned organisation and subsequent in-depth knowledge of USGAAP and SOX as well as IFRS. The ideal candidate will be a pro-active leader who "knows what good looks like" and who engenders a high-performing culture within the team and wider business. You will also be a commercial and strategic thinker with a passion and desire to work collaboratively across the business to achieve organisational objectives. The successful candidate will be rewarded with an attractive salary package including generous bonus scheme and car allowance.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Finance Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly