Your new role
Manage sub-team of Credit Controllers comprising of approximately 7-9 FTE, to ensure all outstanding debts are pursued and collected in accordance with procedures and in line with performance and quality standards set out for the Order to Cash team. Report to Head of Order to Cash and support with the preparation and timely delivery of operational plans for the Credit Control function, including identifying and implementing initiatives for continuous improvement. To play an active role in maximising cash collection and minimising levels of overdue debt; to play an active role in the agreement of balances exercises.
- Directly supervise team of approximately 7-9 Credit Controllers in operational, high volume environment
- Co-ordinate staff and work-related issues, particularly with regard to planning and organising work schedules
- Share responsibilities of Credit Controllers, including: dispatching letters/statements, investigating queries from customers and processing payments from customers
- Maximise cash collection and minimises levels of overdue debt
- Responsible for key accounts that are part of overall company ledger and monitor remaining key accounts chased by credit controllers
- Regularly liaise with internal staff to resolve complex queries/disputes
- Ensure the provision of an effective credit control function for all debtors, ensuring that procedures are in place to review outstanding debt, and implementing credit control arrangements in a sensitive and professional manner
- Ensure that all documents and paperwork are provided and accurately filed
- Provide Management information regarding the sub-team's performance and targets
- Seek out opportunities to improve process, procedures and controls
- Work with Continuous Improvement Team to apply robotics to operational processing
- Other reasonable duties as and when required
What you'll need to succeed
- 4+ years' experience in Accounts Receivable or similar functions
- Experience supervising medium-large teams, ideally within Accounts Receivable functions or other core financial processes in a complex business environment
- Good knowledge of principles, practices, regulations and procedures relating to Accounts Receivable function will be an advantage
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with presentation experience
- Collaborative, able to work with and through others as part of a team and to mentor colleagues
- GCSE (or equivalent) in Mathematics and English Language
- Proficient in MS Office applications (particularly Excel)
- Have ERP systems experience (Oracle would be preference but SAP experience acceptable)
- Ability to operate in a service driven culture, continuously challenging and seeking to be better
- Good customer service skillset, going above and beyond the call of duty where necessary
- Committed team player who is able to manage upwards and downwards
- Trustworthy and self-motivated
- Understanding of accounting methods and accounts structures.
- Able to organise own workload and to reprioritise at short notice in order to meet deadlines.
- Good process analysis skills with ability to break down processes into their constituent parts, identify problems and suggest solutions
- Knowledge of Kier systems, processes and workflow technology useful but not essential
What you'll get in return
A chance to work for a fantastic company, with a salary of £60,000 plus a car allowance, working with a fantastic team.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.