Head of Finance
An opportunity has arisen for a qualified accountant with previous Financial Controller/Finance Director experience to join a mid-tier law firm as their new Head of Finance.
My client is a mid-tier law firm with growth plans and ongoing support function projects which this role will be involved in leading. They are a professional outfit but balance this well with having a relaxed and co-operative culture.
This Head of Finance role will play a key role in the support services management team and have the following key responsibilities:
- Management of a team of 10 with an existing strong number 2;
- Delivery of all firmwide reporting requirements with a specific focus on driving MI production;
- Lead on commercial activities to assess client performance and drive profitability;
- Ownership for roll out of new system;
- Deliver financial support to CEO of support services and to partners as required;
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis as required.
As a strong applicant for this position you will:
- Be a qualified accountant with a recognised qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA);
- Demonstrate strong team management experience;
- Possess strong technical reporting skills and be comfortable leading reporting cycles;
- Demonstrate a background in process improvement, systems implementations/upgrades, or general project management;
- Be comfortable in a professional services environment (ideally with previous sector experience);
- Have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to manage key stakehodler relationships.
The offer to the successful candidate will be between £80,000-£90,000 + benefits including, pension, PMI, flexi benefits, and 25 days annual leave. You will also have the opportunity to work at senior management level, lead a team, and help drive the firm forwards.