Finance Graduate- Accounts Job
Your new company
Your new organisation are a market leading Real Estate services company. Based in the heart of Birmingham City Centre, they are opening their doors to all experienced Assistant Accountants and Client Accountants.
Your new role
In your new role you will be responsible for;
- Bank Reconciliations
- Cash Reconciliations
- Cash Allocation
- Quarterly cash and VAT Reconciliations
- Liaising with clients and tenants with all accounting queries
- Producing monthly client reports on service charge income and expenditure
- Validating and processing payments to clients and suppliers
- Multiple daily transfers of funds between various accounts
- Providing support to all departments with quarterly and year end reporting
- To ensure the maintenance of lease details on the database is performed in an accurate & timely manner.
- Maintain and update property service charge year end and budget information on the database, monitor budget to actual reporting and actively manage shortfalls in the service charge account.
- Responsibility of budget monitoring of own portfolio and reporting exceptions.
- Carry out quarterly reviews of the Service Charge accounts with surveyor/facilities manager
- Complete year end reviews with surveyors and appointed accountants.
- Produce monthly financial reporting and take responsibility for Client statement updates.
- Produce VAT reports including monthly or quarterly reconciliation and settlement of the VAT account.
- Report directly to Clients at regular finance/accounts review meetings both on/off-site
- Assume full responsibility and control of the quarterly timetable for own portfolio for all regular charges and liaising with the admin team.
- Responsibility of accurate recovery of ad-hoc/one-off lease recharges
- Liaise with utilities team on all issues they may have with the portfolio.
- Ensure timely recovery of utility charges and associated reconciliation of the utility recharge account.
- Liaise with credit control/supervisor to enable recovery of all charges.
- Liaise with accounts payable on all issues they may have with the portfolio.
- Review of all bank account reconciliations for the portfolio and ensuring that the reconciling items are dealt with correctly on a monthly basis.
- Liaise with cashiers on all issues they may have with the portfolio.
- Arrange all Rental/Insurance receipts to be transferred to clients, proving ad-hoc requests as appropriate
- Assist PMA Helpdesk with all queries they need resolving in a timely manner.
- Responsibility for weekly/monthly updates to departmental control and compliance reports for the portfolio.
You will be joining a fast paced and crucial team at a very exciting time for the business.
What you'll need to succeed
In order to be successful you must have been working in a similar role for a minimum of 2-3 years. You must possess the ability to understand the functions and processes of client accounting. You must be immediately available or working on a 1 week notice period.
What you'll get in return
This is a great opportunity for all Finance Professionals to gain a large amount of experience within an all round Finance role and within a large blue chip organisation. This private sector experience will elevate your skills and career for years to come. It is an opportunity not to be missed for the right candidate.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.