FP & A Analyst
I am currently working with a market leading FMCG business in Dover who are seeking a qualified accountant to join their team.
My client are a market leading FMCG business who have their products sold by a household name in the UK. They are also a part of a much larger group entity that trades across Europe.
The role will include but not be limited to the following:
Provide timely, informative margin reporting, analysis and commentary that is focused on highlighting and explaining trends along with key areas of interest and opportunities allowing issues to be identified and corrective action to be taken.
Create ad hoc reporting and analysis to cover performance of initiatives against expectations and support on ensuring a culture of 'lessons learned'. Manage the relationship with overhead cost centre managers as appropriate to ensure accurate tracking of fixed cost spend.
- Produce the sales and margin forecast with supporting schedules and assumptions in conjunction with the Commercial team; provide financial support to other areas of the rolling forecast process as appropriate.
- Apply the financial control system (e.g. costings, variance analysis and reviews) to identify areas of improvement/weaknesses and suggest modifications as appropriate. Proactively review the risk register to ensure control risks are mitigated and all audit compliance tests are adhered to and periodically assessed within the team.
- Review month end results in conjunction with Financial Accounts and provide clear explanations of variances to prior year and forecasts. Support the FP&A Manager in the preparation of the Month End Management Reporting Pack, Exec Meeting Analysis and any other Commercial analysis; highlighting any issues as applicable.
Supervise the FP&A Analyst (Costings) to ensure they deliver on their accountabilities whilst providing cover to the business in their absence; support the FP&A Manager & Commercial team to supervise the Commercial Account Exec on site.
Ensure that progress on costings for new or improved products is clear incorporating clear version control, tracked changes and summaries.
- Newly qualified/passed finalist (ACCA/ACA/CIMA).
- Strong IT skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to business partner.
£35,000 - £45,000
+ excellent benefits package.