Bookkeeper - Luxury Retail
Luxury Retail Business - Central London - £28,000 - £32,000 - Permanent Role
Your new company
Luxury fashion brand based in Oxford Circus is looking for a new bookkeeper to join their small finance team. They have office worldwide across Paris, Tokyo and New York with a huge presence in London as well. The business has gone from strength to strength and looking to grow further this year. The offices are newly refurbished and have an open plan and approachable environment. Please note that there are 2 small dogs in the office (which are very friendly) so please only apply if you're able to work in this environment.
Your new role
You will be working in with a team of 10 members of staff with 2 in finance. You will be reporting to the Finance Director who has be with the business since the start. You will be responsible for all aspects of Bookkeeping and using Sage 50. Typical daily duties will consist of:
- Sales ledger ‐ ensure invoices are raised / posted accurately and in a timely manner.
- Purchase ledger ‐ obtain authorisation from the appropriate person for all purchase invoices.
- Nominal ledger ‐ process payment runs to suppliers based on invoices approved for payment.
- Regularly review debtors and liaise with to ensure credit control procedures are implemented and carry out credit checks on new clients.
- Ensure the Trial Balance is up to date at each month end and prepare relevant reports for review. Preparing the monthly bank reconciliation for review.
- Assist the Financial Accountant in preparing the Year‐end audit file to ensure that all information is ready and available in time for the statutory audit.
- Check timesheets to ensure employees have correctly recorded their time; check expenses and receipts to ensure they're accurately recorded, analyse staff travel expenses, prepare monthly invoice for re‐charge of salaries and inter-company expenses
- Co‐ordinating the office cleaner, monitoring office supplies and ordering / purchasing supplies as required, maintain stocks of stationery and re‐order when required, Co‐ordinating maintenance of the air con, fire alarm, security alarm etc, Any other duties as required to maintain a safe, clean and happy office environment. .
What you'll need to succeed
You need to be a hard‐working and enthusiastic individual who will be reliable and work well within a small and friendly team. Ideally, you need to have intermediate to advanced level excel skills and be able to complete the majority of the duties outlined above
What you'll get in return
Get the experience within a global fashion company who frequently attend fashion weeks. Most employees stay within the company for long periods of time, so candidates will be looking at a long term career here. Candidates will be working within a friendly, open-plan environment, who will be expected to work hard, but also enjoy the atmosphere and the two pet dogs in the office.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.