Audit Finance & Risk Committee Independent Members (2 positions) - 4 days per year
We are looking for 2 qualified accountants with senior level financial experience in practice to join our Audit Finance & Risk Committee as unremunerated part time committee members. These roles require approximately 4 days/year to prepare for and attend meetings in London for which expenses are reimbursed.
It is essential that you have in-depth experience of audit, risk management and compliance, have strong analytical and decision making skills, an ability to operate strategically and independently on a Committee, be an excellent communicator and able to build collaborative relationships, and bring a commercial perspective to the business. Ideally, you also have an interest in supporting the delivery of vocational training to the engineering construction industry.
The Committee consists of members appointed by the Main Board. The aim is to have between 5 and 7 members of whom 2 or 3 are not members of the Board. The Chair will be a Main Board member and should not be the Chair of the ECITB. Each member must act with independence and objectivity and should have or develop a sound understanding of the objectives and priorities of the ECITB. The appointment will be for a period of three years extendable by no more than one additional three-year period subject to approval by Accounting Officer in conjunction with the Chairman.
Members of the Audit Finance & Risk Committee (AFRC) help support the Board and Chief Executive Officer as Accounting Officer by providing appropriate independent oversight and advice to give appropriate assurance to them that:
- High quality risk assessment and mitigation is embedded into financial and non-financial management processes and that relevant counter fraud measures are fit for purpose;
- Overall Governance arrangements are appropriate and operating effectively;
- Financial reporting is prudent, accurate, appropriate and consistent with charity and governmental accounting policies;
- The financial control framework is effective, supported by a compliance culture producing timely, prudent, appropriate and consistent internal financial and performance reporting;
- Internal Audit assurance provides an appropriate level of comfort to the Accounting Officer; and
- Relationships with the National Audit Office are effective.