Commercial Finance Analyst
My client is looking for a permanent Commercial Finance Analyst to join their finance team.
Your new company
A market leader in their industry
Your new role
The Finance Analyst role in Commercial supports both the Commercial Finance team and wider business through weekly/periodic reporting, analysis and trending along with systems support to the sales team for entry and approval of invoices from customers. In addition this role will be the key Finance Business Partner to the International Sales team providing support, challenge and financial insight to optimise commercial performance, enhance decision making and provide visibility to the business.
- Preparation and analysis of weekly/period results and challenge anomalies
- Weekly and period end reconciliation of key measures between the ERP system (MFG) and the Business Information system (Cognos)
- Preparation and entering of journals into MFG and completing period end controls.
- Support to Marketing and Category teams in preparation and tracking of budgets and forecasts
- Responsible for the maintenance and reconciliation of the Contra process across all markets
- Aged analysis of accruals
Budgeting & Forecasting
- Responsible for producing all the core data, reports, trending graphs and uploads to Commercial finance colleagues to support the business processes.
- Preparation of data for and attendance at International Demand Review meetings with the Sales and Planning Teams, understanding and challenging changes in forecast since the previous period.
- Supporting the sales team and Head of International to build robust and realistic budgets and forecasts, providing trending analysis and challenge.
- Develop and maintain strong Business Partnering support to the Sales Team
- P&L preparation and robust challenge of assumptions for NPD and Gates for sales team projects.
What you'll need to succeed
- Great judgement to critically appraise information
- Desire to challenge
- Ability to identify root causes of issues
- Able to influence
- Excellent attention to detail
- Effective at building relationships across the business
- Results focused
- Positive attitude
- Part qualified accountant studying towards ACCA/CIMA/ACA
- Advanced Excel
- Cognos knowledge
- Business partnering experience
What you'll get in return
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 5% bonus
- Pension scheme
- Cycle to work
- Discounted gym membership
- Free parking onsite
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.