Responsible To: Finance Director and Management team (Managing Director, Contracts Director and Director)
· Manage the day-to-day accounts of the company
· Prepare management accounting reports to the Directors
· Prepare and monitor project budgets and profitability
· Project applications and cashflow
· Managing day-to-day financial tasks on Sage for all functions within the company including but not limited to Receivable, Payables, Supplier Invoices, Sales Invoices and Sub-contractors Invoices.
· Producing monthly reconciliations for control accounts and bank accounts including foreign currency accounts and credit cards.
· Assisting the Management Team in improving current accounting processes and internal control systems within the company.
· Preparing internal monthly management accounts and cash flow forecasts to management team.
· Monitoring monthly overheads variances of actual versus budgets and updating cashflow forecasts.
· Liaising with and assisting outsourced Accountant for preparation of monthly payroll, monthly CIS return, quarterly management accounts, quarterly VAT return and annual financial accounts.
· Handling subcontractor timesheets, staff expenses, petty cash and payroll work.
· Managing CIS tax deductions control account and prepare CIS statement for sub-contractors.
· Setting out project budgets according to tender documents.
· Running monthly project profitability reports and comparing them against pre-set budgets to prepare budgetary control reports for the Directors.
· Monitoring project accounts including making monthly application, monitoring variations and preparing final accounts for the project.
· Carrying out any other reasonable tasks or duties, which may be requested by the Directors.
· Contributing proactively to the Organisation’s Quality Management and Environmental Management System, ensuring that there is continual improvement of risk across the organisation’s activities and sites, but particularly in relation to any specific role-related processes.
· Fully co-operating with all other members of staff and making a positive and constructive contribution to the team.
· Fully co-operating with regard to administrative policies and procedures and internal and external auditing requests.
· Fully co-operating with the Site team to obtain information regarding site installation and customer service operations.
· Fully co-operating with members of the team based in the Warehouse to co-ordinate information relating to deliveries and stock control.
· Applying initiative and innovating new ideas: Continuing to seek ways of improving own contribution to the organisation’s goals and enhancing the overall effectiveness of the organisation.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Part Qualified CIMA accountant
· At least three years’ experience, an experience in Construction related section would be desirable
· Excellent communication and writing skills
· Experienced user of Microsoft Office Suites, especially Excel
· Good attention to details
· Self-starter and motivated
· Flexible and adaptable with an ability to adapt appropriately within various situations
· Co-operative and supportive team player