Finance Manager - Cost Analysis
An exciting opportunity to join a well established business as Finance Manager in Halifax
Your new company
You will be joining a well established management company who are at the forefront of their market excelling across all divisions whole providing an exceptional client experience.
Your new role
You will report to the Finance Director to assist with all aspects of supervising the running of the accounts dept. team of 8, cost analysis of monthly invoices and GP%, assisting in the preparation of the monthly management accounts, controlling WIP, reducing/controlling overheads plus other office duties as required.
- Monthly / Weekly job GP% margin analysis
- Monthly expected Client GP% margin analysis
- Weekly / Monthly accounts dept. operational KPI report, updating wall board charts
- Weekly / Monthly job costing analysis reports
- Assisting with invoice queries, liaising with both internal members of staff and suppliers/contractors
Banking / Cash Forecasting:
- Preparation of Daily / monthly cash flow forecast
- Ensure all bank accounts are reconciled daily & complete monthly reconciliation to nominal
- Control of Invoice Discounting facility, including reconciliations, draw downs in line with cash forecast and exception reporting
- Monthly sales & GP% analysis
- Maintenance of fixed asset register & depreciation calculation
- Monthly expenditure analysis - overheads, vehicle costs etc.
- Completion of monthly balance sheet & control account reconciliations
- Preparation & posting of monthly journals including accruals & prepayments
- Monthly client/in-house WIP reports
- Manage the purchase and sales ledger reconciliations ensuring accuracy and completeness
- Prepare monthly VAT Return & EC Sales
- Help to prepare the year-end audit file and tax pack
Dept. Resources / Admin:
- Weekly & Monthly timesheet analysis
- The management, control and recording of departmental holiday and absence updating onto "inSYNC" system
- To review workload levels across the department, and balance workloads as appropriate - capacity planning
- To carry out staff appraisals and interim staff reviews as deemed necessary
- As appropriate carry out first line disciplinary action in line with the companies' policies and procedures
- To manage and report the department's performance measures as set within the department incentive schemes *
- To identify any recruitment / training needs within the department and recommend those requirements to the Finance Director, plus oversee or carry out training as appropriate
- In order to measure performance within the role a number of KPI's will be set and agreed, these will revolve around:
- The departmental measures used for individual and team incentives
- Department productivity measures
What you'll need to succeed
- AAT Qualified, or qualified by experience
- Have over 3 Years' experience in accounts and Supervisory Role
- Strong Excel skills (vlookup & pivot tables)
- Take a pro-active role in the development of the Accounts function within the business
- Take a lead role in determining the future structure of the department to maximise workflow efficiency and service quality
- Ability to delegate effectively where appropriate
- Communicate effectively to both senior management and team members
- Proven track record of implementing change effectively within the dept. and team
- To manage and report the performance of the department objectively against agreed targets and KPI's including both historical and forecast information/data
- Contribute and manage the department annual budgets, in particular headcount, salary costs, overtime hours required, training requirements etc.
What you'll get in return
This role is a full time permanent opportunity 40 hours per week (flexibility with start & finish times).
You will receive 20 days holiday + stat with the option to buy an additional week. Study support for ACCA / CIMA, free on site parking, subsidised gym membership, car salary sacrifice scheme, car personal; preferential contract hire rates from suppliers, free weekly fruit, childcare voucher scheme, quarterly & annual employee awards, auto enrolment pensions scheme,
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.