Director of Finance
As a member of the board you will have overall responsibility of Finance, Business Development, HR Function, Facilities and Health and Safety within our organisation. Responsible for monitoring the company cash flow, accounts, and other financial transactions.
- Ensuring the Group’s financial controls and procedures are maintained and providing proposals for improvement or change.
- Providing financial information to shareholders
- Work with senior management teams to grow the business formulating strategies and plans
- Prepare annual budgets and targets, reviewing contract budgets and cash flows.
- Analysis of current procedures and implementation of necessary changes
- Presentation of Oakray’s annual accounts and monthly management accounts
- Advise/Implement companies bonus structure, ensuring fairness and transparency
- Overall control (signoff) of all financial transactions and accountancy matters, including audit systems in readiness for year end and company’s external auditors
- Review of accounts and investigation of variances then setting recovery plans
- Insurance/ risk management
- Review turnover versus costs, ensuring profitability
- Close involvement in commercial negotiations on major contracts
- Ensuring the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met
- Coordinating reporting from the company’s operating divisions and ensuring the Board are provided with timely and accurate reports.
- Working with the board to develop and implement the business plan and strategy for the company.
- Close involvement in the strategic development, management and implementation of support functions in the Group.
Knowledge & Experience (Essential)
The successful candidate is likely to be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with a proven track record and experience of leading and managing a finance function. Good, solid technical accounting, and business skills are needed as part of this dynamic and commercial Director of Finance role. The applicant will have the ability to improve, change processes and to increase efficiency within the company, be an ambitious, confident and effective communicator at board level and must be able to demonstrate where you have worked successfully with non-financial teams and other stakeholders in the business including providers of external finance and professional advisors.
Knowledge and Experience (Desirable)
Experience of working in a public sector contracting environment is desirable.
25 days holiday plus statutory days, pension scheme, and annual performance bonus.
Company Car or Car Allowance, Mobile Phone, Life Assurance
6-month probationary period
Monday to Friday, between 8am-5pm
Paid Monthly via bacs
We are an equal opportunities employer, to apply please send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org