Assistant Accountant - Tax
My client are looking for an Assistant Accountant - Tax, to join their Head Office Finance team. You will be supporting the Group Tax Executive and Group Financial Controller with all tax preparations and administrative support. This would be an excellent opportunity for an AAT Qualified / ACCA studier to gain more experience working for a Group PLC business whilst working with an experienced team.
A market leader in their area of expertise, who had a record year in 2018, based in large modern offices in the Chertsey area with free parking provided and easy access via public transport.
The Assistant Accountant - Tax, role involves:
- Preparing first drafts of CT computations and PSA, based on Tax Pack information prepared by the divisions.
- Regular and ad hoc analysis relating to employee tax matters.
- Preparing '24 month rule' analysis each month.
- Preparing and submitting CIS returns.
- Preparing and submitting VAT returns.
- Preparing monthly VAT analysis for partial exemption and other irrecoverable VAT adjustments.
- Preparing, submitting and monitoring Options to Tax.
- Arranging SDLT payments and monitoring SDLT position generally.
- Preparing SAO paperwork.
- Participating in regular tax meetings with other business functions.
- Assisting with tax technical analysis as appropriate.
- Other ad hoc tasks (mostly tax, occasionally general finance, e.g. cashier work)
The ideal candidate for the Assistant Accountant - Tax, role will;
- have previous experience of tax preparations
- have a genuine interest in learning more about Tax and developing an increased level of expertise
- be either AAT qualified, or, studying towards an ACCA qualification (study support is provided)
- have a good knowledge of Excel
- Previous experience within a general financial support role
- Understanding of core tax and accounting principles
- Ability to interact and communicate with non-finance professionals
The Assistant Accountant - Tax role offers between £26-31,000 + study support and excellent benefits (including 25 days Holiday)