The Diocese of Bath & Wells is seeking to appoint a Finance Manager to lead and manage the busy Finance Team.
You will need to be a fully qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/ACMA), with an excellent technical skillset and the ability to work to tight deadlines. Ideally you will have experience working within a charity finance function. With excellent communication skills and an analytical approach, you will have proven technical expertise in both financial and management accounting, including statutory accounts preparation. You will have a good working knowledge of budgeting and cash flow forecasting and experience of managing small teams.
Reporting directly to the Head of Finance & Operations the key responsibilities of the role include:
- Preparation of annual budgets including supporting budget holders with their individual budget submissions.
- Oversight and management of the main nominal ledger and subsidiary ledgers
- Preparation of quarterly management accounts for the DBF including reforecasts together with balance sheet and fund reconciliations
- Preparation of the draft year end statutory accounts in accordance with the Charities SORP; liaison with the auditors; completion of final accounts for publication.
- Review and authorisation of supplier payments and payroll
- Daily management of cash flow requirements
- Management and supervision of the Finance Team (2 FT, 2 PT)
- Maintenance of the parish share model, calculating share payable by each parish and liaison with the Common Fund Committee to improve the model
- Provision of support parishes with training , website resources and enquiries including support for Diocesan Cashbook
Salary & Package
- Annual salary £45,000
- 10% Pension contribution (non contributory)
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank holidays + discretionary days
Interviews: Friday 6 July 2018