The overall purpose of this role is to report and analyse key information for the benefit of decision makers within the business. These decision makers require timely, accurate and analysed management information to assist in driving the business forward.
The client is a well-established, expanding organisation based in Poole offering excellent career progression.
They are looking for a Finance Analyst to join the team, and can look to provide study support for ACCA/CIMA if needed.
As a Finance Analyst, your primary responsibilities will be:
- Provide timely and accurate analysis and support to the Operating Group. There is an element of reporting which fits into specific timetables, i.e. weekly revenue statistics or month end deliverables.
- Attend monthly capex meetings and track all existing estate capex projects.
- Midway point of contact for capex processes and approvals.
- Maintain the P&L and capital spend.
- Finance contact on other adhoc projects as required.
- Provide support to teams during strategic planning periods such as Business Plan, Capital Plan and Budget. This could be assisting in the review of holiday phasing across the operating groups or checking consistencies of data.
- Review of monthly Capital Reporting submissions, co-ordination of new Capital Approvals, ensuring data submitted correctly and providing monthly commentary of Capital position to line management.
- Any other ad hoc tasks as requested by Senior Financial Analyst / Operating Group FD.
- Key contacts for this role will include colleagues across the business, from the Marketing and Commercial teams to local and Group Finance teams.
- Regular communication with Financial Controllers of sites.
- Proactively look for changes in trading trends across the group, with flexibility to use different comparatives to analyse as appropriate (e.g. geo-political events, weather patterns).
To be successful in your application for Finance Analyst, you should be:
- CIMA/ACCA Finalist, or on the way to finishing studies.
- You must be able to demonstrate excellent Excel skills.
- The role requires an understanding of key business drivers and has the ability to apply this understanding to an ever-changing business environment.
- Professional outlook and demeanour with a hard work-ethic.
- Experience working within Commercial Finance.
- A good level of initiative and innovative thinking to identify and solve problems.
- The job holder should be able to manage their time effectively and be adaptable to differing work schedules and priorities.
- The job holder needs to be able to handle and prioritise large quantities of data to turn into actions.
If you are successful you should expect:
- Competitive Salary.
- Competitive Benefits.
- Study Support.
- Opportunity to join a leading business.