Hays are pleased to have been engaged by a high growth SME based on the outskirts of Truro who are now seeking to appoint a Finance Director. The Company are enjoying a period of significant positive change and this Board level appointment is expected to further strengthen their senior leadership team.
At a strategic level the role will involve working closely with the MD and other Directors, providing financial guidance and support to enable sound business decisions to be made on a timely basis.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Strategic planning and budgeting
- Overseeing and developing systems and management controls
- Management reporting, and developing forecasting models (P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow).
- Contractual negotiations and bid support
- Preparation of month end accounts and VAT returns
- Bank and balance sheet reconciliations
- Oversee the preparation of year end statutory accounts
- Undertaking business reporting and variance analysis.
- Overseeing tax and compliance
- Treasury Management.
- Asset management.
- Management, mentoring and motivation an Accounts Assistant
There is a hands on element to this post and it is expected that the successful candidate will be a team player who is comfortable engaging with stakeholders across all levels of the business.
The ideal candidate will hold a recognised finance qualification (ACA / CIMA / ACCA) and have previous experience operating at Board level. An ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people at varying levels both internally and externally is essential. Competency with Excel and Sage is preferred.
Our client is dynamic and fast moving; a commercially minded professional accountant can expect a challenging and rewarding working environment, and a competitive salary plus bonuses based on Company success.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.