This role would suit someone looking to gain practical experience whilst pursuing an accounting designation or someone looking to utilise their accounting skills and experience who would enjoy the challenge of joining a fast-growing business. You will be an enthusiastic, flexible and articulate individual who is hands on, a strong relationship builder and an excellent team player.
In return you will work in one of the most exciting and innovative companies in our sector, within an open and creative environment and the potential to deliver significant positive impact to our society.
Natoora is committed to revolutionizing the supply of fruit & vegetables and to actively shaping the future of food for the better. We have spent over ten years connecting capital cities with flavors that would otherwise be lost forever. Delivering truly seasonal produce to over 500 restaurants in London, New York and Paris, we count amongst our customers some of the world’s finest chefs.
We also actively seek to re-educate the way people think about and consume fruit & vegetables. Our goal is to create a more meaningful and responsible food system that preserves seed varieties, growing techniques and traditions that are threatened by modern industrial farming and supermarket culture.
ABOUT THE JOB
Recently named a Fast Track 100 Company by the Sunday Times, as well as one of Europe’s Fastest Growing companies by the Financial Times, we are expanding quickly across all the regions we operate in. Having successfully commenced a joint venture partnership arrangement with The Wild Room in August of 2017, we are now looking for a bookkeeper to support, manage and maintain the JV accounts and monthly financial processes as well as contribute to the ongoing evolution of the Natoora Limited Finance team.
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller in Bermondsey, and working closely with the rest of the group wide finance team, your main duties will include:
- Sales ledger posting and reconciliation
- Invoicing clients and credit control
- Purchase ledger posting, payments and reconciling statements
- Making payments to approved suppliers, checking payments and ensuring correct paperwork
- Reconciliation of bank accounts
- Cash flow management and reporting
- Reconciliation of the balance sheet accounts
- Processing and paying expenses
- Prepare journal entries, monthly accounts and perform month-end routines
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures
- Maintain financial security by following internal controls
- Ensure monthly processing deadlines are met as required
- Assist with all other financial tasks as required including budgeting and forecasting
- Providing ad-hoc reporting as and when requested
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Accounting/Bookkeeping: A good head for numbers, knowledge of bookkeeping principles and attention to detail
- Accounting Software: Experience with Sage, QuickBooks online or other
- accounting software package would be beneficial
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer Skills: Preparing and producing spreadsheets and using accounting software will be necessary
- Confidentiality: You will know the inner workings of a company's financial documents. Your discretion is key
- Self-motivated, well organised and able to prioritise tasks
- Able to work effectively and independently on own initiative
Email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why you want to join the team.