Regulatory Reporting Officer
A Regulatory Reporting Officer at a small Bank based in the City of London.
Ideally the successful candidate will come from a Banking background, have 3+ Years experiecne in Regulatory Reporting and knowledge of COREP.
A leading bank in providing commercial, corporate, private, investment, asset management, and retail banking.
- Preparation and support for the generation of all UK Regulatory returns and templates in accordance with the regulatory rules and instructions.
- Preparation of variance analysis of the recent templates against previous return
- Preparing and documenting validation of the regulatory returns against the Banks' Financial statements as well as Management Accounts and any other supporting documents
- Generating, populating, inputting, checking and submitting the regulatory returns using the Banks regulatory software solution via Gabriel and BEEDS
- Problem solving e.g. validation issues within templates through Help desk
Active participation in the assessment and developmonthly Management Accounts
- Preparation of variance analysis and commentary
- Provision of supporting charts / tables
- Assist with the Annual Budget process including spread sheet analysis
- Assist in the yearly external audit process and any other internal or adhoc audits pertaining to the department
- Assist in the preparation of the yearly Financial Statements ment of changes to regulatory reporting requirements and the change process including UAT.
- Keeping up to date with the new regulation and the upcoming changes in regulatory reporting
- Ensure adequate and descriptive operating procedures are documented, maintained and up to date
Monthly Management Accounts
- Preparation and support in generation of the of the Bank
Shared responsibilities and cover:
- Preparation and distribution of internal reports and schedules for management e.g. derivatives, balance sheet, commissions etc.
- Distribution of daily reports, printouts to be maintained in accordance with the Bank's archive / storage register.
- Reconciliation of Nostro, internal and suspense accounts
- Investigation and resolution of outstanding reconciliation items
- Maintain the Fixed Assets and Depreciation register
- Maintain the Prepaid /Accruals registers
- Preparation and processing of invoices
- Process of day to day accounting and banking data e.g. accounting entries, account maintenance, interest rate changes etc.
- Preparation and distribution of various internal MIS reports as directed including statistical reporting for other departments e.g. Trade Finance
- Support in maintaining departmental filing and security of documents in accordance with the Banks archiving policies
- Such other general duties as are required from time to time, which are commensurate with the nature of the job
- Experience: Minimum of 3 years' experience in preparing regulatory returns including EBA as well as BOE/PRA returns
Knowledge and Skills
- Previous experience gained within a financial institution;
- Accuracy and attention to detail and pro-active manner
- Ability to manage time and meet strict deadlines
- Analytical ability to assess and understand variances and be able to communicate and document these
- Good all round soft skills including Microsoft Excel is a must
- Good overall knowledge and understanding of accounting principles relevant to the role
- Excellent interpersonal communication and interaction skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to be able to deal confidently with the highest levels of bank staff
£40,000-£52,000 plus Bonus and Benefits.