Exciting opportunity to make a real impact on the success of a relatively new and fast-growing business in a UK growth market. With the introduction of a whisky production business in the past two years, the need has arisen to recruit an experienced accountant to join our small friendly team based in Hammersmith. The role will touch on all three trading businesses but will focus on James Eadie whisky so ideally you will have experience of working in a manufacturing environment and familiarity with stock management accounting.
Hands-on role with involvement from invoice entry to management reporting.
Main Purpose of job:
Working as a key part of the finance team (reporting to Finance Director) to perform key financial control and management across the business. Varied role covers Management Accounting, Financial Accounting and Control, and Financial Planning and Analysis to the Galmarley Group.
- Provide expert support to the Finance Director of the group, particularly with the whisky businesses.
- Be responsible for ensuring that all financial data is input into Xero in timely and accurate manner.
- Play a lead role in the completion of the monthly financial statements across the group.
- Assist in the production of monthly KPI reporting.
- Sales and Margin Reporting for the whisky business.
- Inventory Management.
- Processing, raising and payment of invoices (sales and purchases) and expenses.
- Completion of monthly balance sheet reconciliations across the group to ensure full control and understanding.
- Maintain the Fixed Asset Register.
- Reconciling intercompany transactions.
- Be responsible for completion of National Statistics, VAT returns and EC Sales lists.
- Provide any supporting documents and schedules required during the audit process.
- Provide accounting insight and analysis to the team to help optimise the business.
Key Attributes, Skills and Experience required:
- Educated to degree level.
- Qualified accountant, preferred.
- Recent knowledge of working in the Manufacturing sector
- Experience of stock control systems.
- Strong Financial technical knowledge covering all areas of Finance.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Knowledge of Xero and an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to effectively manage workload and multiple priorities with focus and simplicity.
- Collaborative, flexible and supportive when working with colleagues to get tasks done.
- Self-motivated to take on tasks and achieve deadlines.
- Highly numerate and strong analytical skills with relentless attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strategic, solution-based thinker with an ability to think laterally.
- Excellent spoken English necessary.
We can only accept applications from people who have the right to work in the UK.