Assistant accountant position within a Financial services company.
My Client provides private equity fund administration and are based in the City of London.
Most of the staff are either qualified accountants or are studying for a recognised accounting qualification (for example, ACCA, CIMA) - for which full study support is given.
They currently have opportunities for graduates to join our London office. The individuals will work in a team servicing the needs of a portfolio of clients. There will be a number of responsibilities as outlined below.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring that all permanent files are adequately maintained for existing customers and new customers for our clients.
- Preparing bank reconciliations for all client accounts.
- Updating the financial system (SUN) for all transaction related activity including the recording of purchase invoices and sales invoices.
- Preparation and amendment of management accounts produced by the team.
- Administration work including the preparation of call notices, distribution notices and dealing with new applications for subscription into client funds.
- In addition to the duties listed above, the individual may be requested to perform other ad hoc duties or projects as requested and as experience is gained.
Technical Knowledge / Skills Required
- A 2:1 degree or above in accountancy or related subject is required.
- At least 1 A at A-Level is required for your application to be considered
- Interest in reporting and other accounting challenges faced by Private Equity, Real Estate, Infrastructure and Fund of Funds firms (our clients).
- Relevant practical work experience would be an advantage
- Ability to draft reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and clients.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Intermediate / Advanced excel and word skills required.
- The individual must have excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills.
- Numeracy and good written skills.
- Prior experience of accounting packages would be advantageous.
The successful applicant will receive £24,000-£26,000 plus Benefits.
Full study support will be provided from day 1.