Interim Accounts Assistant- RETAIL
Interim Retail Accounts Assistant - 3 Month Contract- Moorgate - Immediate Start
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU ARE IMMEDIATELY AVAILABLE OR ON A SHORT NOTICE PERIOD.
Your new company
A quirky, creative and successful SME furniture retailer are seeking a retail accounts assistant to join their finance team on an interim basis. PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU ARE IMMEDIATELY AVAILABLE OR ON A SHORT NOTICE PERIOD.
Your new role
- Maintenance of accurate and timely records of income received, sales accounting transactions and credit control
- Daily maintenance of accurate and timely records of transactions for bank accounts, together with reconciliation statements for various accounts from different countries.
- Maintenance of the prize fund ledger and liaising with the relevant departments to ensure timely issuance of prize fund cheques.
- Accurate administration of VAT records, assisting in the production of quarterly returns and the annual VAT adjustment to meet statutory deadlines.
- Assisting the Financial Controller with the production of quarterly accounts and year-end accounts, including fixed assets, accruals and prepayments.
What you'll need to succeed
You will be proactive and enthusiastic with excellent attention to detail and good communication skills. You will have previous experience in the above duties. If you have previous experience using Sage this is a bonus but not essential.
What you'll get in return
You will receive a competitive pro-rated salary with the opportunity to gain experience doing a wide range of accountancy functions. You'll join a energetic company who are moving from strength to strength.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.