Head of Finance
Head of Finance, Coventry
Are you looking to work for an organisation with aims and ambitions beyond that of satisfying shareholders? We are a membership organisation, and everything we do is focused on our members and investing back in their Club.
We have a membership of over 300,000 households, our highest ever numbers and with over 250 employees in our modern Head Office (rising to 800 seasonally with our site staff), we're definitely not a small operation; although our culture still retains that friendly, 'family' feel that so many companies seem to have lost. Being a not-for-profit gives us a different approach from purely commercial organisations, and means corporate hierarchies and unnecessary red tape aren’t part of our make-up.
We are recruiting for a Head of Finance. The role will lead a Finance Team of 13 talented employees and take responsibility for all aspects of the Finance function, providing a high quality and professional service to The Club and its stakeholders.
The Head of Finance will be tasked to develop our financial strategy by offering guidance, support and solutions to the Senior Leadership Team, the people you manage and the providers we partner with. We use Great Plains accounting software and i-Trent for payroll.
Main duties include:
- Improve, implement and lead on the Finance Department’s strategy
- Effectively lead the finance team including objective setting, appraisals and ongoing support
- To be responsible for accurate financial records for The Club and its subsidiaries
- Coordinate and oversee the annual financial statements and consolidated Group statements
- Supervise the production of monthly reporting requirements and reporting packs
- Build strong collaborative relationships with department managers
- Work closely with teams to produce annual budgets and budget packs
- Work seamlessly with HMRC, bankers, auditors and advisers
- Manage the external audit process
- Ensuring The Club is compliant with current accountancy practices and tax legislation
Applicants should possess the following:
- A professional Accountancy Qualification and significant post qualification experience
- The ability to prepare and present meaningful information to all levels
- A strong team focus with a talent for leading, motivating and developing individuals
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Credibility with the ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships
The Camping and Caravanning Club is a fantastic place to work. With a supportive, dedicated team, a customer focused attitude and a positive culture. We offer generous annual leave entitlement and free parking among our benefits.
If you are interested in applying please send in your CV together with a covering letter including salary expectation.
Due to the high volume of applications normally received unfortunately it is not possible for the Club to communicate back with each applicant so please note that if you do not hear from the Club within 2 weeks of sending your application you should assume that unfortunately you have not been successful on this occasion. Candidates selected for interview will be contacted by telephone and email.