An exciting opportunity currently exists to join Briggs, a growing, well established company, specialising in the supply of Marine and Environmental services.
As Divisional Accountant you will provide support to the Senior Management Accountant, Directors and Managers within the Briggs Group, ensuring all management accounts and reports accurately reflect the operational activities.
Principal Responsibilities Include;
- Working closely with the budget holders to assist the production of accurate monthly management accounts, reports and KPI analysis for multiple sites
- Ensure project costs are accurately maintained through the accounts system, liaising with operational management and suppliers as required
- Developing and maintaining a high level of understanding of all commercial aspects of contracts
- Act as primary point of contact for customers for financial matters
- Generating accurate sales invoices in a timely manner
- Preparing annual budgets and quarterly forecasting as required
- Participating in the annual audit process
- Developing and improving processes to achieve best practice
- Working with the business to assist with tender costing preparation when required
- Approving all divisional purchasing and associated coding
Your technical profile will reflect the following skill set:
- ACCA/CIMA/ICAS qualified or equivalent
- Proven background in a similar role (experience in contract or project accounting required)
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ideally have experience dealing with multiple sites
- Ability to understand project plans and schedules, contractual agreements and to work closely to busy project management teams to develop accurate cost records and forecasts.
- IT Skills – Microsoft Office experience, in particular Excel (Advanced) and Word
- Excellent problem solving and skills
- Must possess excellent communication skills
The ideal candidate will be a team player and have a proactive and flexible approach in the workplace in order to provide support to the contracts and across the wider business. You must be confident, driven and focussed on achieving best practice at all times. You will receive an excellent package commensurate with your experience.