Trainee Accounts & Tax - Award Winning Accounting Firm (London)
This firm provide a full range of accounting and taxation services, they are based in Central London, have a strong social element and have won many awards in the past.
Our client is well established and renowned practice based in Central London who is investing in the growth of its teams.
This firm's goal is to promote a working environment where individual differences are respected and valued, and everyone has the opportunity to excel.
They provide exceptional service to their clients alongside, stimulating work and excellent development for their people. This firm have an inclusive working environment which is both collaborative and supportive allowing you to reach your full potential.
This role provides for excellent client exposure and will allow you to work with a wide variety of sectors such as sports, catering, financial services, inward investments, entertainment, and retail.
- Act as a point of contact for the clients on basic matters and ensure that all communication, whether written or spoken is in a professional manner
- Maintain good relationship with clients
- Respond to and deal with client queries in a professional and timely manner
- Ensure that the manager is kept up to date with any issues arising from the client or its activities.
- Awareness of double entry and an awareness of the requirements of standard accounting policies
- Bookkeeping including preparing, processing and recording bank transactions, processing purchase, sales and general ledger entries
- Preparation of bank and petty cash and all other balance sheet reconciliation
- Assist with preparation of management accounts (monthly/ quarterly /annual) or, depending on the individual job, prepare management accounts with little or no supervision
- Be able to prepare statutory financial statements for clients with assistance
- Prepare year-end audit files for clients with supporting schedules for all balance sheet items and tax sensitive profit and loss items
- Draft VAT returns and have a basic understanding of what is allowable under the VAT rules
- Have a basic understanding of the other services which the firm offers and highlight, to the manager, any areas which may be useful to the client
- Be aware of and comply with the firm's policies at all times
- Undertake specific activities within clearly defined procedures with limited decision making
- Make judgements by selecting between pre-defined solutions as well as evaluating and analysing factual information
- Communicate and exchanges information with colleagues (and / or clients) on a regular basis
- Studying for an accountancy qualification (AAT/ACCA/ACA or equivalent)
- Competent using MS Office, particularly Excel - a good working knowledge is required
- Team worker
- Good communication
- Strong organisational and time management skills with ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines and work under pressure with accuracy and focus
- Experience in use of accounting software such as Sage, Access and other relevant packages
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Adaptable and flexible working attitude
- Keen to learn new skills and knowledge
- 'On-the-job' knowledge of the technical procedures and application for own subject area, gained through experience
- The opportunity to work in a renowned Accountancy Practice based Central London
- Study support on the ACA, ACCA or AAT
- Opportunity to work closely with clients and internal stakeholders
- Social events
- City of London
- Salary range depending on experience from £20,000 - £25,500