A talented Commercial Finance Manager needed for a prestigious international Champagne brand!
Vranken-Pommery Monopole is Europe’s leading winegrower with more than 2,500ha of own vineyards producing a portfolio of prestigious international Champagne (Pommery, Heidsieck Monopole, Charles Lafitte, Demoiselle and Diamant), still Rosé and Port brands that are distributed in more than 87 countries. The group is currently the no. 1 producer of still Rosés worldwide and no. 2 for Champagne.
Reporting to the Director of Finance of Vranken-Pommery UK Ltd, the UK subsidiary is looking for a talented Commercial Finance Manager who will be responsible for leading the sales administration & accounts receivable department, for providing management accounting and for assisting the management and sales teams in making key decisions which will shape the overall strategy and direction of the business. This is a busy role in a fast paced environment with great onward career opportunity.
Vranken-Pommery UK is a really fun, creative and casual environment to work in and this is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious individual to gain new experiences, working amongst a small but passionate and friendly team.
Key accountabilities include:
1. Management of the Sales Administration and Accounts Receivable Department
- Manage a direct report whose role is sales administrator (intern)
- Ensure all customers’ orders and sales invoices are processed in the most accurate and professional manner
- Provide high quality customer service
- Maximise stock holding in quantity and value
- Strategically plan and manage logistics, warehouse and transportation costs
- Report on several KPIs on logistics and distribution
- Maintain and reconcile debtor accounts and AR ledger records accurately
- Keep the overall aged debt under tight control
- Provide cash flow reporting and forecasting
2. Assist the Director of Finance in the preparation of monthly management accounts in line with group policies
- Process stock and non-stock purchase invoices as well as team’s expenses
- Comply with all HMRC taxes and requirements
- Comprehensive income statement and balance sheet reconciliations, including bank accounts, accrued income, expense schedules, fixed asset reporting & intercompany balance reconciliation
- Support the subsidiary’s annual, quarterly and monthly financial planning processes
- Production of year-end statutory financial statements, liaising with the Group finance department
3. Assist the Director of Finance to provide regular support to the sales team to enable the best commercial decisions
- Support the sales team to enable commercial decisions and policies that are best aligned with the business goals
- Support the delivery of commercial and financial decision-making to drive future performance
- Analysis of new business cases and ensuring appropriate approval
- Provide weekly/monthly reporting of key business drivers to the sales team
- Provide any other ad hoc tasks/projects as required by the business
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bilingual in English and in French
- Part-qualified/New Qualified Accountant with a minimum of three years’ experience
- Strong technical accounting, analytical and Excel skills
- Proven ability to build productive business relationships with a wide network of finance and non-finance colleagues
- Proficient in co-ordinating work between multiple stakeholders and deliver information within tight deadlines
- Resilient, enthusiastic and proactive in setting own agenda and driving results in a fast paced environment
- High achiever who will prove to be an asset to the business and is seeking to progress
- Excellent verbal and written communication style and a proven ability to influence a variety of senior stakeholders
Apply for A talented Commercial Finance Manager needed for a prestigious international Champagne brand!
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly