This SME contracts lead construction business based in Nottingham are actively seeking a new Finance Director to hand over from the retiring incumbent. The role will form part of the business board driving the strategic direction of the organisation.
This SME contract lead business based in Nottingham is urgently seeking a Finance Director to succeed the outgoing post holder. The business is looking to ensure there is a smooth transition to ensure the bank, staff and customers remain confident in the organisation's focus on quality and sustainable.
This is a classic Finance Director role supporting the Board of Directors in the sustainability of the business in the coming years. This role will be based in the Nottingham head office but may require some travel to the sites. There will be a clear expectation that this role leads on:
- All financial matters including monthly financial and management accounts
- Challenging investment decisions
- Supporting with the development of the 'customer first' culture
- Training and leading a small accounts team including a talented Finance Manager
The ideal candidate will be a Financial Controller or Finance Director with knowledge of contract lead or construction businesses. To succeed, you will need to demonstrate the ability to support an entrepreneurial board of Directors and to take ownership of the financial stability and performance. Other key skills required include:
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- The ability to challenge and coach where appropriate
- Attention to detail
- The capability to identify risks and opportunities
- A collaborative approach
£50,000 - £60,000