The Accountant will be responsible for financial analysis of the business performance as well as prepare financial reports in compliance with statutory requirements, Group/Corporate Accounting Manual. The Accountant reports to the Financial Controller of the Company.
My client is a wholly owned subsidiary of a Group, family owned company with presence in over forty countries. My client has a long standing history in the United Kingdom and Ireland and operates from five locations. The company is now looking for an Management Accountant.
- Ensure that financial reports are prepared on time, accurate and in a clear overview, in such a way that management is able to monitor company performance.
- Identifies, analyses and informs management if and why variances occur which have significant impact on the financial performance.
- Supports and prepares yearly budgeting and periodical financial packages, both for group and statutory purposes.
- Maintains, controls, analyses and interprets the provisions and accruals to ensure adequacy of financial records, including the company balance sheet.
- Prepares cash forecast & foreign currency exposure for management review.
- Assists in contact with external Auditors, to ensure a smooth audit process.
- Assists in contact with advisers, such as tax advisers, pension advisers etc.
- Prepares reporting & filing for governments agencies, such as VAT-return, statistics.
- Prepares ad hoc in depth financial analysis to support decision making by Management Team.
- Qualified accountant, with at least 3-years post qualification experience.
- Prior experience of working in an international dynamic environment required, preferably in a distribution environment.
- Extensive ERP knowledge required, SAP is preferred.
- Adaptability: Demonstrate a willingness to be flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency.
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behaviour and business practices, and ensure that own behaviour and the behaviour of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organisation.
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organisation.
Management Accountant, SME, Manufacturing, Circa £35K