Robert Half are working with a respected client based in Sale, are looking for an Accounts Assistant to join their small and friendly finance team. They are looking for a vastly experienced and versatile Accounts Assistant who will be ready to hit the ground running, settle into a stable finance team, and provide a safe pair of hands to assist with their finance function.
My client is looking for an Accounts Assistant to join their finance team. You will be part of a small team, reporting to the Financial Director and so strong communication skills are vital. The role is varied - you will be taking responsibility for the Accounts Payable, Sales Invoicing and Bank Processing, alongside any other necessary as hoc duties.
The role of the Accounts Assistant will include:
- Accurate and timely processing of sales invoices, purchase invoices and sales credit memos.
- Monitoring the Purchase Ledger in order to resolves queries on outstanding invoices and unallocated entries.
- Monthly reconciliation of supplier accounts.
- Monthly reconciliation of the Company Credit Card bill.
- Providing for any other accounting and ordering functions as required and any other ad hoc duties allocated by the Finance Director as required.
- Continual evaluation of best practice in the role.
The successful applicant will have:
- Strong transactional skills and experience taking responsibility for purchase ledger.
- Previous experience working in a Finance Department.
- Knowledge of accounts payable/general ledger procedures.
- A willingness to learn and be a pro-active member of the team.
- Previous experience with accounting systems.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
Salary and Benefits:
In return you will be offered a competitive basic salary. There is free parking.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.