Media - Financial Controller
A privately owned Media company are experiencing huge growth and as a result are looking to recruit a Group Financial Controller. This is a high profile role as the person would work alongside the Finance Director with dotted line reporting to the Chief Executive.
- Integrating acquisitions including identifying appropriate systems (purchase order, reporting, sales invoicing, CRM, payroll, expenses, purchase invoice approval) and processes and implementing these, migrating data and on-going development.
- Improving existing controls and systems - challenging, reviewing, identifying risks and documenting new controls
- Review of payments and compliance with Company policies
- Commercial review, identification of cost savings & efficiency's
- Managing and developing the finance team (c 30 including 7 direct reports - 2 credit control managers, 1 AP manager, 1 payroll manager, 2 reporting team leaders and in time a group financial accountant)
- Full ownership of all reporting and commercial commentary (P+L & balance sheet, forecasts, budgets, cash-flows, statutory accounts).
- Managing the annual audit, ensuring tax (corporation, PAYE, VAT & other) compliance (both UK and overseas)
- M&A due diligence support
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) - minimum 3 years PQE
- Must be able to start in 1 month or less
- Previous management responsibility of a finance team of 15 staff (including indirect and direct reports)
- Degree educated ideally 2.1 or above
- Demonstrable experience of integrating newly acquired businesses, improving financial controls and processes in complex businesses, challenging the status quo and achieving cost savings
- Very strong IT skills including advanced Excel coupled with strong technical accounting skills
- Proactive hard working self-starter ready to go that extra mile
- Analytical, organised, efficient, strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present financial information in a logical, structured and clear way
- Superb accuracy and attention to detail, calm under pressure with prior experience of working to tight deadlines
- Good team player & easy to get on with